My Darling Bookworms,
I am FINALLY finishing this giant bookish survey. I think it’s better in small pieces. I mean, if I got bored writing it, y’all would be bored reading it, right? So. Without further ado, we’re wrapping things up today. Wahooooo!
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation: It’s pretty rare that I re-read books, so it’s hard for me to list things I’d take on vacation. I mean, those I do re-read I’m so obsessive about that I’d miss out on my trip, you know? I’d probably try to pack something on the lighter side- happy comfort reads would be lovely I think. Maybe a Fannie Flagg.
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading: I really don’t know. I mean, there have been times in my life when I’ve gone through lighter reading periods, but these days reading is part of my bedtime routine. If I do nothing else I read a few pages before going to sleep.
42. What distracts you easily when you’re reading? It depends on what I’m reading. There are some books that I will dive so deeply into nothing short of an atomic blast would get my attention. That said, sometimes it’s hard for me to read when the TV is on, particularly if it’s something amusing. (Football games are easy for me to read through. Not a sports gal.)
43. Name a book you could not finish: Ooooh the shame. I couldn’t finish 1Q84 and have avoided all Murakami since then.
44. Favorite film adaption of a novel: Fried Green Tomatoes. The book and the movie are a lot different, but I adore them both.
45. The most disappointing film adaptation: Great Expectations (the 1998 version.) The soundtrack was PHENOMENAL, but holy crap. What made them think it would be okay to change Pip’s name?! It’s kind of a major plot point, yo!
46. Most money I’ve ever spent in a bookstore at one time: I am really not sure. I mean, if I spent a lot at any one time it probably included gifts, and those shouldn’t count against me, right?
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it? Not often. I’m not opposed to spoilers as a general rule, but if I want to read a book, I just read it.
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book halfway through it? I do most of my reading before bed. I typically stop reading once I get too sleepy to carry on, but if I’m crashing after two pages several nights in a row, it’s just never going to happen.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized? Pfft. I don’t think anybody would ever accuse me of being organized. I actually offered to loan out a book recently only to discover I have no idea where that particular book is. Soooo… Yeah.
50. Do you prefer to keep your books when done, or give them away? Since I started blogging, I’ve had a lot more books coming in. I keep my hands on my old faithfuls, but the new stuff I try to put back out into circulation. I “loan” them and often lose track of where they are… See previous question for an example.
51. Are there any books that you’ve been avoiding? No, not really. If i don’t want to read something, I just don’t read it. I don’t go around actively avoiding it.
52. Name a book that made you angry: The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand (review). I couldn’t put it down but I absolutely despised every. single. character.
53. A book I didn’t expect to like but did: Confession time. When my mom first pitched Outlander to me, I thought it sounded ridiculous. Clearly, I was the most wrong I have ever been.
54. A book I expected to like but didn’t: Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield (review). I love love loved The Thirteenth Tale (review) and was soooooooooo disappointed in Bellman & Black. It really bummed me out.
55. Favorite guilt-free guilty-pleasure reading: I like the occasional romance novel. Smutty, cheesy, improbable? Sometimes it’s just the ticket.
It only took three posts, but I’m finally done with this survey! I’m going to do a happy dance now. But how do y’all feel about this? Do you prefer bite sized survey posts, super long ones, or do you wish I’d never do another one? Inquiring minds.
*If you make a purchase through a link on this site, I will receive a small commission.*