You may or may not have noticed, but I’ve been in a VERY Harry Potter mood of late. I’ve been listening to the entire Harry Potter series on audio the past few weeks while chugging through some seriously busy times at my day job. (Yes, I have a real job. No, it has nothing to do with books.) Since I’ve been chilling in the HP universe, I remembered that today is Harry’s Birthday! I’m assuming he got back from the Quidditch World Cup alright, of course, and that he’s celebrating at home with the fam. 34 is a big year- he’s officially DOUBLE the age of a legal wizard. So. Yeah. We’re getting old, Harry. At least you’ve got a few years on me.
In order to celebrate with all my fellow Potterheads, I thought it might be fun to do a little roundup of HP quizzes. Don’t pretend you haven’t gotten sucked into a BuzzFeed quiz. We both know better, and I’m fresh out of veritaserum to wring the truth out of you.
1, First things first, if you haven’t already been sorted into your house via Pottermore’s official sorting, you need to go and do that. Click HERE. Chop Chop. I’m a Ravenclaw (no surprise to me.) Holla!
2. For all the ladies in the house (or dudes who are interested), you can take THIS QUIZ to find out what female Harry Potter character you’d be. I got Minerva McGonagall, and I’m pretty pleased with the result. Who are you?
3. If you don’t feel like being gender specific, you could take THIS QUIZ that will let you be any HP character, male or female. I got Albus Dumbledore. Must be that we both enjoy reading and gin & tonics? I really see no other similarities. I’m flattered, but c’mon.
4. OR you could find out which Hogwarts professor you’d be. I’m Dumbledore AGAIN, which makes me question this quiz’s value because I’m CLEARLY McGonagall. Pfft. (Not that Dumbledore isn’t awesome, because he so is. I’m just not that wise. Or that patient. Or that good at secrets. I’d have blurted ALL THE THINGS out to Harry immediately. For good or ill.)
5. You could also find out what secondary HP character you’d be. You might end up being Dean Thomas, like I did. I mean, he’s living every muggle-born’s dream. It could be worse!
6. You could answer the age-old question (if you’re being interviewed by me anyway) and find out what form your patronus would take. This quiz told me my patronus would be a horse, but I’m pretty sure I only got that result because prehistoric penguin wasn’t an option. I mean, really. This guy would take some dementors OUT.
I think that’s quite enough for one day, but I’m always open to more RIDDIKULUS-ness when it comes to all things Harry Potter. Happy Birthday, boy wizard (even though you’re now a man-wizard with gray hair and kids and stuff.)
Did you take any of the quizzes? What were your results?!
PS: If you’re still pining for Potter, check out some HP inspired tattoos HERE.