It’s Tuesday again (where does the time go?!) The ladies of The Broke and the Bookish have offered up another fun topic for this week’s listy goodness. It may be hard to believe, but we book bloggers occasionally do things other than read. Today we’re talking about our favorite movies and TV shows, though I’m going to try and keep things bookish because I like a challenge. Shall we?
1. Gilmore Girls– This has been off the air for years, but I’m still a huge fan. Rory Gilmore is the coolest bookworm to ever grace the small screen and the rapid fire banter is endlessly entertaining. The quirky small town characters are hilarious. I own all 7 seasons on DVD and it will never get old. Never, I tell you!
2. Game of Thrones– The hubs and I have been binge watching this show and I know I’m going to go through withdrawal the minute we finish. I have read all the books, but it’s been so long I’ve forgotten a lot of the details. It’s been really fun to relive it, and point of the differences I can recall between the books and the show. Hubs and I took the quiz to find out our professions if we lived in Westeros. I was a noble. He was a whore. He’s taken to calling me Tyrion, which is pretty sweet, because he’s the best character. I guess that makes Hubs Shae. I cannot stop giggling!
4. Fried Green Tomatoes– I saw this movie ages before I read the book. Things are quite a bit different, book to movie, but they are both so well done that it’s hard to take issue with it. I love them both on their own merits.
5. The Walking Dead– I really just need to read the doggone comics already (I say this ALL THE TIME and haven’t done it yet… Though I did read one of TWD’s novels, so I’ve got that going for me…) This show was my gateway drug into the zombie genre and I haven’t looked back… Well. I’ve looked back to make sure I’m not being followed by zombies, but that’s about it.
6. Little Women– Little Women is one of my all time favorite novels, but I have always loved the 1994 movie version. I’ve seen it more times than I can count (it was a slumber party favorite for my BFF and I) and it never fails to bring me back.
7. Outlander– Okay, it’s not out yet, but I’m verra excited and cautiously optimistic. I’m putting my faith in Starz because Diana Gabaldon has been involved with the production AND they did a stellar job with The Pillars of the Earth.
I’m throwing in the towel at seven. I think that’s sufficient for today. What about you, bookworms? What are some of your favorite bookish TV shows and/or movies?
*If you make a purchase through a link on this site, I will receive a small commission.*