Well Hello Bookworms!
And just like that it was CHRISTMASTIME! Holy macaroni. I hope all of you in the US had a delicious Thanksgiving and that everyone not in the US had an opportunity to eat too much and nap this weekend. I’m still trying to get my brain back in the game post holiday weekend stupor, so I hope you’ll forgive me as I jibber jabber for a bit.
1. I’m closing my PO Box. I opened it because I thought it would be a bad idea to give out my address to strangers (it still is) with regard to blogging things. That said, I never did get famous enough for legit strangers (let alone stalker types) to send me anything. Plus, most publishers refuse to send books to PO Boxes, so it’s just a giant waste of money. If you desperately need to send me snail mail for some reason, email me and we’ll chat. 99% of you I consider actual friends anyway, so yeah.
2. The final installment of The Lunar Chronicles (everyone’s favorite fractured fairy tale series) was recently released, and I totally read it. However. I feel like I should talk about Fairest before I talk about Winter because I never discussed it. Since Fairest is technically a Lunar Chronicles prequel and fairly short, it didn’t seem to warrant a full review. Suffice it to say that despite my best efforts I found myself feeling sorry for Levana. I like a well rounded villain and all, but I didn’t want to feel sorry for the woman. She was so eeeeeeevil. Girl lost her shiz (for REASONS) BUT she easily could have made better choices. GET IT TOGETHER, MOON QUEEN. Gah!
3. I’ve been doing a ton of my holiday shopping online. I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to shop almost entirely online… I do like to peruse brick and mortar stores and find the perfect thing by chance, but I have a LOT of people to shop for and it gets pretty stressful. Sorry, serendipity, pragmatism wins the day.
4. If Hallmark holiday movies are to be believed, Europe is positively littered with tiny countries whose monarchies are teeming with extraordinarily attractive, unattached, and rebellious heirs. I get that the Cinderella story is appealing and all, but… Ah well. I’m pleased that Lacey Chabert has found a vehicle to showcase her talents at least. Not that I’ve been watching Hallmark holiday movies or anything…
5. As you know, the minute the clocks turn back, the only thing I want to do is eat and sleep, leading me to the obvious conclusion that I am part bear. Naturally, Thanksgiving is the best holiday for those similarly afflicted, as all one is expected (nay, encouraged!) to do is eat mass quantities and nap.
6. I say “y’all” in my writing constantly in spite of the fact that I NEVER say it in real life. Midwestern folk like myself tend to use phrases like “you guys” instead, but it lacks a certain cache in print… I’m a fraud.
Talk to me, Bookworms! Have y’all started your holiday shopping? Are you in-person shoppers or online types?
*If you make a purchase through a link on this site- like, say, you want to do some holiday shopping and just happen to do to Amazon via the little search bar on the right?- I will receive a small commission.*