Can you believe it’s been almost 3 years that I’ve been writing this blog? Time sure flies when you’re utterly ridiculous. But it’s not MY anniversary today. The Broke and the Bookish are celebrating 5 years of Top Ten Tuesday. We’ve been invited to share ten of our favorite topics from the last few years so I’m going to create a roundup of my favorite posts! Ah, memories. Let’s take a look, shall we?
1. The Shelf of Shame: Technically the topic was to list books we just HAD to buy that are languishing on our shelves unread. This post is extra special to me because it was Freshly Pressed (back when I was hosted on WordPress.com) and it made me feel legit. Plus, I like the post. I’ve still not read a single one of the books on that list.
2. A Little More Love: Top Ten Underrated Books: A post in which I discuss my love of some books that don’t tend to make a lot of Top Ten lists. Unless I’m making the lists, of course.
3. I Want to Go to There: This was supposed to be a list of locations we’d like to visit thanks to books we’ve read. As per usual, I cheated, picked a lot of places that don’t actually exist, and went a little crazy with the photoshop.
4. Book Blogs I Adore: It was a freebie day, so I listed some of my favorite book blogs. Are you reading these blogs? You should be.
5. Book Blogging Confessions: A post in which I unburden my soul and dish hardcore.
6. Gateway Drugs… I Mean Books: Books that got me hooked on different genres are discussed.
7. Hist-ART-ical Fiction: We were asked to list 10 books in a particular genre, and since I’d read quite a bit of historical fiction featuring works of art, I made up my own genre. Rebel, rebel.
8. Tearjerkers: A post in which I discuss ten of the zillions of books that have made me cry. I’m a crier as a rule, so I had a lot to choose from.
9. Literary Halloween Costumes: The topic was supposed to be spooky covers or some such thing, but I like costumes and Halloween is the best. I break the rules an awful lot, don’t I?
10. Reading Rainbow: This wasn’t actually a Top Ten Tuesday topic, I just really liked the post. I read a book with a title representing every color of the rainbow. Way too much fun.
Happy Anniversary, Top Ten Tuesday! Looking forward to more lists in the future. Speaking of lists, Bookworms, are there any topics you’d like to see listed out? I am open to all the crazy.
*If you make a purchase through a link on this site, I will receive a small commission.*