Happy Tuesday, Bookworms!
It’s time for our weekly list fix with the ladies of The Broke and the Bookish! This week the book blogosphere has been challenged to come up with our top ten books about friendship. D’awwwwww. Shall we?
1. Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg. Was there ever such a pair as Ruth and Idgy? One of the greatest friendships in all of literature, truly.
2. Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery. Because Anne and Diana and accidental drunkenness are the stuff best friends are made of.
5. Mister Owita’s Guide to Gardening by Carol Wall. Friendship sprouts up in unexpected places. Being nice to people you hire to help around your house isn’t just good karma. It might just introduce you to your new best friend. (review)
7. The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood. Nothing brings a group of friends together like a psychopath with her sights set on destroying everyone else’s happiness. Common enemies, FTW!
8. Harry Potter by JK Rowling. I can’t think of a trio of pals more endearing than Harry, Ron, and Hermione. THEY are the three best friends that anybody could have.