Happy Wednesday Bookworms!
I hope you’re all having fun with Book Blogger Appreciation Week, because heaven knows I am. Today the BBAW Powers That Be have posed an interesting question. What have you read and loved thanks to a fellow blogger? My reading world has expanded so much since I started blogging, it’s going to be rough to list out my top influencers… But I’m going to try anyway, because of course I am. Most of these folks have been responsible for any number of books I’ve read, but I’m going to credit them with one each. I simply can’t remember ALL THE THINGS.
- Heather from Capricious Reader– I adore this woman. She is my prematurely elderly soul mate. She also pushes me out of my comfort zone on the regular with killer recommendations. She’s the reason I read The Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness (review) and holy smokes, do I ever adore her for giving me that particular push.
- Andi from Estella’s Revenge– Who says you can’t be ACTUAL friends with people you meet online? They’re wrong, because ANDI EXISTS. (Actually, Andi and Heather are pretty much my favorite set of besties-who-met-online ever, but that’s a story for another day.) When I meet Andi in person (which is hopefully happening sooooon!) I will be unabashedly tackle hugging her. If it were not for Andi I would never have discovered The Estella Society and if not for THAT discovery, I’d never have joined a readalong (like the Potter Binge!) or done anything fun ever. Remembering exactly what she’s recommended to me seems a little beside the point, here. Big love to you, Andi-Roo.
- Jenny from Reading The End– Jenny leaves some of the best comments in the history of the blogosphere and never fails to amuse me with her wit. She’s talked me into any number of novels, but the series I’ll forever associate with her? The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater (review.) SERIOUSLY WHEN IS THE FINAL BOOK COMING?!
- Sarah from Sarah Says Read– I’ve got to give Sarah props for introducing me to Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie (review) AND (double whammy here) for inspiring me to finally pick up some comics in the form of The Walking Dead (review.) Sarah rocks.
- Trish from Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity– Trish is a marvel, truly. Quilting, crafting, reading, and growing the cutest trio of little girls I have ever seen? Whew. All that said, if she hadn’t hosted a Readalong of The Sparrow (review 1, review 2), I don’t know if I’d have gotten around to reading it yet. And that? That would have been tragic! Plus, she sent out really adorable bookmarks to celebrate the readalong. I love it!
Needless to say, Bookworms, there are a lot of amazing book bloggers out there. I mean, I AM very selfish and I would love to keep you all to myself, but if you’re looking for the awesome? There it is.
*If you make a purchase through a link on this site, I will receive a small commission.*