Happy Tuesday, Bookworms!
As you know, on Tuesdays, I make lists with The Broke and The Bookish. Today’s topic is my Top Ten Bookish Goals for 2013. It’s a big old list o’ resolutions. Let’s do this thing!
1. I (rather foolishly) committed myself to read 100 books in 2013 via the Goodreads Challenge. Now, I read a lot, but 100 books is daunting. You can keep an eye on my progress by monitoring the little widget in my sidebar. Of course, I’m probably also going to be blogging about everything because I can’t keep my face shut. Needless to say, I’ll be keeping you apprised of my progress.
2. I’d like to catch up on some classics. This might be counterproductive, seeing as I have to chew through 100 books this year, but I’ve got a hankering for some street urchin that only Dickens can satisfy.
3. Read Lord of The Rings. I need to do it! Nerd cred!
4. I’m participating in Project Fairy Tale in February. It’s the brain child of Alison at The Cheap Reader. I’m going to be tackling Little Red Riding Hood– the original Grimm tale and a handful of adaptations. Who doesn’t like a fractured fairy tale? It should be great fun, I do hope you’ll join me.
5. This is more bloggish than bookish, but I’d like to investigate self hosting this blog. I love WordPress, but it’s got some limitations. Theoretically, I should be able to switch to self hosting with minimal hiccups, since I can use the WordPress platform still… So. We’ll just have to wait and see.
6. Why am I so keen to self host? I’m a greedy, greedy girl. I’d like to explore selling ad space or becoming an amazon affiliate or join the BlogHer publishing network. I’d just like to be able to say “Hey, I was paid to write!” It matters not that I earn only twelve cents. It’s the principle of the thing.
7. Attend a blogging conference. Oh what’s that? I’ve already purchased tickets at a seriously discounted rate to attend BlogHer 2013? I will finally get to meet in person some of the coolest ladies who have ever existed on the internet? Yes. That. (Also, I get to order myself business cards! Ooooooh excitement!)
8. I want to write something brilliant enough impress the Insatiable Booksluts. I’m trying to come up with a pair of books to duke it out in an IB Death Match. Goals? Pipe dreams? Probably. Blog crushin’ on the Booksluts. Book Riot, too. I aspire to their awesomeness.
That’s it. I can’t come up with 10 goals. I’m exhausted just thinking about the 8 I listed. What about you, bookworms? Do you have a bookish to-do list? Perhaps the bloggers among you have bloggish goals as well? Tell me all about it!