Happy New Year, Bookworms!
As you know, on Tuesdays, I make lists! The ladies of The Broke and The Bookish host Top Ten Tuesday every week with a new topic. They do this so I don’t have to think so hard! Today’s list is the top ten books I resolve to read this year. Soooo, without further ado, I give you:
1. The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien. I’m going to read these buggers, even if I complain about the endless walking the whole way through!
2. Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. You shouldn’t be surprised by me throwing a few classics in here. I still have holes in my education. Some things need to be remedied.
3. 11/22/63 by Stephen King. I loved The Stand so much that I feel like I should read more King. However… The supernatural murderous clowns and outright nightmare stuff has to be kept to a minimum. I’ve heard this is a good option for a ‘fraidy cat like myself.
4. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. It’s pretty tragic that I haven’t read this. Embarrassing, really.
5. Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. The Tudors are possibly my favorite source of historical fiction. Since the Mantel books have been so highly acclaimed, I’m anxious to read them!
6. Matched by Allie Condie. It’s been recommended to me a few times. I listen to people, I swear. Plus, I’m kind of digging the YA these days. Don’t get any ideas, I’m not going to go whole blog into it or anything. I just like to dabble. Dabble dabble doo!
7. The Passage by Justin Cronin. This might be YA too, but whatever. It’s a dystopia where zombies meet vampires! Really, why haven’t I read this yet?!
8. Casino Royale by Ian Fleming. Yep. The first James Bond book. A friend gave it to me for Christmas. Why the heck not? It’s all iconic and stuff. I’m curious!
9. The Light Between Oceans by ML Steadman. I’ve heard good things. Plus, historical fiction!
10. Mr. Penumbra’s 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan. Magical bookstores? Um, yes.
What about you, Bookworms? Any bookish resolutions for you?