It’s Tuesday and, really, is there a better day of the week? (Don’t answer that, Tuesday can hear you.) This week the ladies of The Broke and the Bookish have declared this week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic a FREEBIE. I decided that I’d make a list of some of my favorite book blogs and share some of the loooove. I’m listing the book blogs I visit and comment on most frequently. That doesn’t mean I don’t love all sorts of other blogs (bookish and otherwise), it’s just that I wanted to send a little extra special love to these folks. I HAD TO MAKE CHOICES! I have met none of these folks in person, but believe you me, if I ever do, there will be SO MUCH HUGGING.
1. Sarah Says Read: Sarah is amazing. She unapologetically reads what she likes and doesn’t buy into the concept of guilty pleasures. I also love that during Sarah Sundays she’ll share tidbits about her life. I like to hear about the reader in addition to the books. Full of awesome, Sarah is. (And she’d appreciate that Yoda-ism, because she’s just that cool.)
2. Read a Latte: Amy is my spirit animal (not to be confused with my patronus, which is, in fact, a prehistoric giant penguin.) She writes a super fun, thoughtful blog, and she’s beyond adorable. If you’re not already reading a-latte, you need to check it out!
3. Capricious Reader: I’d be lost without Heather, LOST, I tell you! She is genuine, kind, hilarious, AND she’s got killer taste in books. She and I are secretly little old ladies, which is cool, because it’s a relief to finally have someone to discuss the finer points of shuffleboard with.
4. Estella’s Revenge: Andi, Andi, Andi. This girl. She is an endlessly patient mentor to those of us who go to her for advice (often with arms flailing in full panic mode.) She’s also got some mad fashionista skills and her instagram feed inspires me to embrace my girly side.
5. River City Reading: Shannon is a peach. She reads a lot of literary fiction and new releases and mixes her reviews with a lot of cool, insightful think pieces. Her picks often challenge me to pick up some cerebral stuff that’s a little outside my comfort zone. It’s always good to have someone to help you push your boundaries.
6. The Relentless Reader: Jen is a fellow Midwestern book maven. Lately she’s been doing a lot of mini-review posts which are bite sized and full of goodness. She also totally posts food porn which makes me wish I were less inept in the kitchen.
7. The Well Read Redhead: I’m amazed that Kelly manages to read at all, what with her pair of outrageously adorable little boys. She’s always got some humor sneaking into her reviews and discussions, and CLEARLY, the way to my heart is through my funny bone.
8. A Lovely Bookshelf on the Wall: Monika is my favorite book pusher in all the land! I tease her a lot because she is such a great advocate for the books she loves and she’s convinced me to pick up a number of things I’d otherwise have missed out on. (I may also be BFFs with her 4-year-old. C rules.)
9. The Misfortune of Knowing: AMB keeps one of the most innovative blogs in the book blogosphere. She manages to intermingle books and legal discussions which are always informative and entertaining. As if that weren’t enough, her blog name is Jane Austen inspired. Glorious.
10. Fourth Street Review: Rory reads all the dark and twisty things, and she’s my go-to resource for Stephen King recommendations. (I always ask her for the ones that won’t give me nightmares.) She also makes super fun Literary Mix Tapes and recommends books based on other great stuff (like GILMORE GIRLS!) You know that’s a good time!
I know there are tons of awesome book blogs out there and I’ve obviously had to leave some out of ye old list of ten. What are some of YOUR favorite book blogs, Bookworms?