It’s Tuesday my little darlings, and you know what that means! We’re going to do some listing! The crew at The Broke and the Bookish have challenged the blogosphere to list books that get them in the Halloween Spirit. It’s been WELL established that I’m a weenie when it comes to scary books, but as it happens, I’ve managed to collect a handful of titles over the years. They’re mostly vampire and zombie novels, as I can only handle the extremely fictional, but it should be fun nonetheless. Ready?
1. The Passage by Justin Cronin (review): It starts out slow, but this book packs a whole lot of heebie jeebies! It’s like vampires meet zombies meet abject terror. Honestly, I’m still a little creeped out by shopping malls…
3. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (review): Neil Gaiman is the master of creepy atmosphere without hitting nightmare territory. I could have chosen any number of his books, but I think Neverwhere is my favorite so far. You should read it!
6. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova: This is a super creepy travel vampire mystery. That’s totally a genre. Seriously though, it has a lovely dovetail with the next book on my list!
9. The Stand by Stephen King (review): I don’t care if it’s not one of his more monster-centric books, this is CHILLING. If you’re already panicking about Ebola, though, you might want to enjoy this one with some Xanax or something.
10. ‘Salem’s Lot by Stephen King: Have you read it yet?! We’re going to discuss this bad boy on HALLOWEEN with the Fellowship of the Worms, and you KNOW that’s going to be a good time.
Chime in Bookworms, what are some of your favorite Halloween spirit books?!
*If you make a purchase through a link on this site, I will receive a small commission. I will use it to purchase ALL THE GARLIC to keep the vampires at bay.*