It’s Tuesday again, and with that comes the opportunity to make a list… With a group. I’m a JOINER, see? (Well. A digital joiner. Maybe kind of. Whatever.) This week the ladies of The Broke and the Bookish have challenged the book blogosphere to make a list of bookish things we’d like to own… You know, that aren’t books. This is bound to get ridiculous. Are you ready?!
1. A personal library with sliding ladder. I don’t care that it’s impractical to live in a dwelling so large as to have a dedicated library. I don’t care that I read most of my books digitally. Maybe if I had my own LIBRARY, I wouldn’t need the digital storage space. And what’s a library without a sliding ladder?!
2. A Castle. Did I not mention that I wanted my library to be in a castle? Because I do. Castles are obviously the most bookish dwelling. (In place of a moat, though, I’ll install a lazy river for me to float around whilst reading my books. Nice right?)
3. This Alice in Wonderland necklace from Modcloth. Because Alice is my homegirl.
4. Cute Penguin Bookends. Why the heck not?
5. A new booklight. This isn’t imperative at the moment, thanks to my GLORIOUS Kindle Paperwhite, but when I want to read a physical book in bed, I still use a book light. The one I have now is just okay… Maybe I’m spoiled by the back lighting I’m used to, but my current external booklight doesn’t seem to illuminate as well as I’d like.
6. A Bookish Scarf. I like wearing scarves, they’re a fun little accessory. I’d like a bookish one. I’ve seen one that contains the text of Pride and Prejudice that I covet. COVET.
7. Bookish Drinkware. What better to use to sip your coffee while reading than a bookish mug? I mean, really. And, you know, if you wanted to be super awesome, you could order one from my Zazzle store.