I know it’s been 2014 for nearly a week now, but it’s not too late for a few resolutions, is it? The ladies at The Broke and the Bookish certainly don’t think so. Let’s talk about plans, shall we?
1. I committed to read 100 books again this year in the Goodreads Challenge. I made it in 2013 (with a book to spare!) I’m going to see if it was a fluke or if I can do it again. Mmmm books!
2. Write more posts in advance. This is a new one for me, but this whole “scrambling to put together a post the night before it goes live” thing has been wearing me out. As for how long it will last? Probably not very. But I’ll give it a shot anyway!
3. More vlogging. I had a lot of fun putting together the first two video blogs for the site, and my husband isn’t annoyed at helping me with them yet. In fact, he keeps coming up with ideas (mostly really random jokes that nobody gets) that he thinks I should incorporate.
4. Be more organized. This is a perennial resolution for me, but it’s become clear to me this year what a mess I’ve been. If a post of mine goes live in conjunction with the release date of a new book, it’s been pure luck thus far. Organization has never been my strong suit, so this will be a challenge for me!
5. I would really love to come up with some new features around here. I’ve been mulling some ideas for a while, but so far nothing has stuck.
6. Tackle the TBR stack. I know, I know, this is everyone’s resolution, but really. I have a big backlog I’d like to work through.
7. Participate! There are so many awesome challenges out there, I’m going to try to get involved in more of them.
8. TAME THE BEAST. Much as I loathe to admit this, the green-eyed-monster and I are well acquainted. I see other book bloggers coming up with brilliant ideas and/or having lots of success, and while I’m happy for them, there’s usually a little gnawing in my stomach going on. Why didn’t I think of that? Why am I not that cool? Will I ever match that brilliance? It’s not a productive use of my time. Be gone, monster!
What? 8 resolutions isn’t enough for you? Fine, then give me some of yours. No really… What are your resolutions?