If you’re following me on Facebook (and if you aren’t, why not?!?!) you probably noticed that I have been freaking out over the Kindle deals this week on Amazon. Between Cyber Monday sales and Daily Deals, I’ve purchased SO MANY books this week! I think they deserve their own post, don’t you?
1. Fire from Heaven by Mary Renault: Cost= $1.99. Regular Price = $3.03. Savings = $1.04. I have heard so many amazing things about Mary Renault and her stellar historical fiction, but I’ve never read any of it. That’s all about to change!
2. Sophie’s Choice by William Styron: Cost= $2.99. Regular Price = $9.99. Savings = $7.00. Everybody knows the classic Meryl Streep movie… Even if they haven’t actually SEEN it (guilty as charged.) I don’t like the fact that big titles are floating around out there that I haven’t read yet.
3. Unclean Jobs for Women and Girls by Alissa Nutting: Cost = $1.99. Regular Price = $7.69. Savings = $5.70. Andi at Estella’s Revenge inspired me to tackle a confrontational read. For that price? I won’t feel badly if I have to DNF!
4. The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty: Cost = $7.99. Regular Price = $7.99. Savings = $0. Yeah, this one wasn’t on sale, but I got SO EXCITED when I read about Leah at Books Speak Volumes and her Jazz Age January event that I couldn’t resist!
5. North and South by John Jakes: Cost = $2.99. Regular Price = $7.69. Savings = $4.70. My friend Lauren from Filing Jointly…Finally has been telling me to read this trilogy of epic Civil War Novels since forever. Clearly I had to purchase the entire trilogy…
6. Love and War by John Jakes: Cost = $2.99. Regular Price= $8.54. Savings = $5.55. When I told Lauren I had purchased this series of books, her response was classic Lauren…
7. Heaven and Hell by John Jakes: Cost = $2.99. Regular Price= $8.54. Savings = $5.55. “Oh, you’ll like it. If you know what’s good for you.” Gotta love friends who don’t bother to veil their threats :).
8. Flight: A Novel by Sherman Alexie: Cost = $2.99. Regular Price = $9.99. Savings = $7.00. I haven’t read any Sherman Alexie, but if someone’s work manages to get itself banned, it’s usually worth reading.
9 & 10. Exodous & QB VIII by Leon Uris: Cost = $3.99. Regular Price = $10.56. Savings = $6.57. That’s right, guys. TWO books for the price of ONE heavily discounted book. My Mother in Law recommended Leon Uris to me. I figured it was worth a shot.
11. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt: Cost = $2.99. Regular Price = $7.99. Savings = $5.00. The book blogosphere has been BUZZING with praise for this chunkster of a novel. I hate being out of the loop!
12. Burial Rites by Hannah Kent: Cost = $2.99. Regular Price = $10.91. Savings = $7.92. This book is all over best-of-the-year lists. Plus, how often do you run across books set in Iceland? Not often enough, obviously. My only associations with Iceland are that impossible-to-pronounce volcano and Bjork.
Anybody else out there get some stellar deals Black Friday or Cyber Monday shopping? Now’s your opportunity to brag! Spill it!
P.S. If you choose to purchase any books using the links on this site, I won’t see one red cent. Yeah, I bought my books on Amazon for my Kindle which I adore, but Illinois and Amazon just can’t seem to get along, so I can’t be an Amazon affiliate. Two states in the union with this restriction and I live in one of them. Grrrr, Illinois, play nice!