It’s time for some Tuesday fun, and today I’m making a list with the ladies of The Broke and the Bookish. Today we’ve been tasked with listing the book characters we’d like to bring with us on a deserted island. I mean if you HAVE to be stranded somewhere, you might as well make it interesting, right?
1. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter : Ain’t no such thing as “stuck” on a deserted island when you’ve got the cleverest witch of her age on your side. There’s sidelong apparation, right? Plus, I’m sure she could whip up a port key in no time flat. Even if we WERE to be trapped, Hermione and her wand would be dead useful. Fire? Water purification? There’s a spell for that!
2. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games : I can’t have a witch or a wizard accompany me on my island because I’m a muggle? Well. That’s rude. But if I must take another muggle with me, I may as well bring one with some survival skills. Katniss knows all sorts of stuff about foraging for food. She might be a little moody, but girl’s got baggage okay?
3. Claire Beauchamp Randall Fraser from Outlander: What? You cut your foot while hunting for firewood? No biggie, our girl Claire has a penicillin home brew cooking. She’ll stitch you up and send you home with a tot of whiskey.
4. Scarlett O’Hara from Gone with the Wind: She’s a pretty terrible human being most of the time, but girl’s got GUMPTION. She was never more admirable than when she was scratching out a living post war on Tara. If you needed someone to pick cotton while acting snooty and superior, Scarlett is your lady. Beware, though, she might try to steal your beaux. (review)
6. Mary Poppins from Mary Poppins: Side Note: I want to have a book named after me. Really though, Mary Poppins has a bit of magic here and there. We could hop into a chalk painting for a nice spot of tea when things got too harsh. (review)
7. J Maarten Troost author of Headhunters on My Doorstep: A little bit of cheating, because he’s a real dude, but hear me out. He’s lived on or visited all the mostly deserted islands left on earth. He’d have to have some useful tips. (review)
8. Jon Snow from A Game of Thrones: They never said it was a WARM island we’d be deserted on, and if it happened to be a post apocalyptic Greenland, Jon Snow would come in mighty handy. Plus, you know. Since this is an imaginary scenario and all, I might just be able to show Jon Snow that about which he knows nothing. #dirtyoldwoman
Alright Bookworms, what fictional (or not so fictional) book character would you bring with you on a deserted island?
*If you make a purchase through a link on this site, I will receive a small commission.*