What does the fox say, Bookworms?
I know, I just went there. You’re welcome to chastise me in the comments. It’s occurred to me recently that a lot of the books I’ve read have animals in their titles. They may or may not have anything at all to do with the animals mentioned, but you know how much I like listing. I didn’t want to trouble myself with content when I could play with titles. I’m sure you understand. Without further ado let’s get to it!
1. Cat’s Eye by Margaret Atwood: This is one of my favorite Atwood novels. Truly, of her non-dystopian work, this probably tops my list. And it just so happens to have an animal in the title, though it’s really not about cats. Who could ask for anything more?
2. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen: There actually IS an elephant in this novel who plays a very prominent role. Actually, there are quite a few animals in this novel, seeing as it focuses on an almost-veterinarian working in a circus. Still. An elephant who likes to drink is a winner in my book. Rosie’s a bit of a tippler.
4. Tell the Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rifka Brunt (review): This book, you guys! I know, I know, I rave about it ALL THE TIME. But it’s still super fantastic. And really not about wolves, except maybe metaphorically. Who cares, though? There’s a really awesome teapot!
6. Saving Fish from Drowning by Amy Tan: Among the things I learned from this book? What a C-Pap mask is, and the side effects of an enlarged prostate. Neither of these have anything to do with the story, of course, though that was plenty interesting too. If I can get a good story and trivia out of a book, it’s a big win.
7. Half Broke Horses by Jeanette Walls: So you think you want to be a cowboy/cowgirl? Read this real-life novel and you might re-think that. They NEVER wash their jeans. Ever.
9. Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary by David Sedaris: There are all sorts of animals in this book! Animals that talk and do offensive things using offensive language. It is, in a word, glorious.
Alright Bookworms, I’m SURE I’ve missed BUNCHES of animal titles. Help me fill in the blanks, here!
*If you make a purchase through a link on this site, I will receive a small commission. I’ll use it to buy animal crackers because they sound delicious right about now.*